This Policy (the "Policy") explains the way of treatment of the information which is provided or collected in the web sites on which this Policy is posted. In addition the Policy also explains the information which is provided or collected in the course of using the applications of the Company which exist in the websites or platforms of other company.
Through this Policy, the Company (Woongjin Compass Co., Ltd.) regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of Company's using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the Company for protection of those personal information.
Information to be collected and method of collection
1. Personal information items to be collected
Personal information items to be collected by the Company are as follows:
- Basic information: Name, email address, telephone number, password
- Payment information: (This information will not be collected by the Company, but the Company will only use for the electronic payment service.)
- Some personal information and/or some information which may be created while the procedures such as the information processing and/or users use the service would be collected by the Company: IP address, cookie, activity history regarding service use of users, all log data such as use time, search word input by users, information of devices and OS, and any information which has already accepted and provided by users.
2.Method of collection
The Company collects the information of users in a way of the followings:
- webpage, written form, fax, telephone calling, e-mailing, tools for collection of created information
Use of collected information
The Company uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- Member management and identification
- To detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service
- Performance of contract, service fee payment and service fee settlement regarding provision of services demanded by the users
- Improvement of existing services and development of new services
- Making notice of function of company sites or applications or matters on policy change ?
- To make statistics on member’s service usage, to provide services and place advertisements based on statistical characteristics
- To provide information on promotional events as well as opportunity to participate
- To comply with applicable laws or legal obligation
- Use of information with prior consent of the users (for example, utilization of marketing advertisement) ?
The Company agrees that it will obtain a consent from the users, if the Company desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
Disclosure of collected information
Except for the following cases, the Company will not disclose personal information with a 3rd party:
1. when the Company disclosing the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers;
- When the Company's affiliates, partners and service providers carry out services such as bill payment, execution of orders, products delivery and dispute resolution (including disputes on payment and delivery) for and on behalf of the Company
2. when the users consent to disclose in advance;
- when the user selects to be provided by the information of products and services of certain companies by sharing his or her personal information with those companies
- when the user selects to allow his or her personal information to be shared with the sites or platform of other companies such as social networking sites
- other cases where the user gives prior consent for sharing his or her personal information
3. when disclosure is required by the laws:
- if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or
- if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
1. The users or the legal representatives of children under 13, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following rights regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the Company:
- exercise right to access to personal information;
- make corrections or deletion;
- make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
- request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
In this case, the Company may delete all relevant information and/or data of the users, and the Company may request any evidence documents to prove the legal statement as a legal representative or a guardian.
2. If, in order to exercise the above rights, you, as an user, use the menu of amendment of member information of webpage or contact the Company by sending a document or e-mails, or using telephone to the Company(or person in charge of management of personal information or a deputy), the Company will take measures without delay: Provided that the Company may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
The Company may collect collective and impersonal information through 'cookies'
1. Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the users' computer.
2. The items of cookies to be collected by the Company and the purpose of such collection are as follows:- Memorize the information entered in an order form while searching other pages during web browser session
- For the page of products and check-out, memorize ordered services
- Check whether login is made on website
- Check whether the users are connected with correct services of the website of the Company while the Company changes the way of operating its website
- Connect the users with certain application or server of the services
3. The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting option in web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved: Provided that, if the user rejects the installation of cookies, it may be difficult for that user to use the parts of services provided by the Company.
The Company regard the security of personal information of uses as very important. The company constructs the following security measures to protect the users' personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification
1. Encryption of personal information
- Transmit users' personal information by using encrypted communication zone
- Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
2. Countermeasures against hacking
- Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users' personal information by hacking or computer virus
3. Establish and execute internal management plan
4. Install and operate access control system
5. Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
Modification of Privacy Protection Policy?
The Company has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the Company will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
Contact information of Company
The Company designates the following Data Protection Officer (DPO) in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers.
- DPO of the Company: Platform development team
- Person in charge: Jung-Goo Choi
- Tel: 82-2-8672-9875
- email: email@example.com
The latest update date: 2019.08.01.